Atlanta Jewish Academy is committed to providing a superior general and Judaic education to children in preschool through twelfth grade. We are seeking a dedicated, passionate, articulate professional to lead the Early Childhood program. We are looking for a creative individual who sees children as competent and capable. We are dedicated to the inspiring and play-based Reggio Emilia Approach, which values all children as strong and capable.
In this position, we believe that:
- You are a visible and active presence in the growing infant through Kindergarten program.
- You build and promote a warm and happy environment where every child, teacher, and parent is treated with integrity and respect.
- You participate in the management and improvement of the entire school as a member of the administration.
- You take initiative and support, mentor, and advocate for all students and teachers in Early Childhood.
- You ensure an optimal level of communication to parents and help parents and the school problem solve issues.
- You serve as a guide for parents as they seek partnership on individual child development.
- You observe and mentor teachers in the development and implementation of the curriculum, including classroom management and state-of-the-art teaching methods.
- You maintain Reggio-Emilia inspiration, where inquiry, discovery, and documentation are constants.
- You ensure dedication to the Hebrew Immersion in the ECD.
- You stay committed to the field of Jewish Early Childhood Education both in the educational and managerial arenas
We hope that you possess:
5 years or more of Early Childhood experience preferred
A bachelor’s degree in education or related field preferred
We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Please apply as soon as possible and no later than February 15, 2017.