We are Fuchs Mizrachi School, a Modern Orthodox Jewish day school in Beachwood, Ohio. We educate and inspire students from age two through twelfth grade. We are motivated by a real passion for deep, substantial learning and leadership.
We are looking for a Technology Manager. You will be part database administrator, part resource manager, part hands-on IT support, with a healthy dose of project management thrown in. In this position, you will keep our data systems working together, assist departments and end-users in finding and using the data they need, and specify and/or developing new data systems as necessary.
In this role:
You will act as the Database Administrator
- Direct a complex database merger
- Maintain accurate data system inventory and the database relationship structure
- Facilitate new systems integration in the functioning school’s environment and assists departments with new data-related initiatives
- Be responsible for the day-to-day and long-term integrity and accuracy of all student, faculty and development database systems.
You will act as our Technology Strategist
- Envision and build an overall plan for the use of technology and provides leadership for the implementation of our technology initiatives
- In collaboration with line professionals, evaluate technology infrastructure and design an operational plan to ensure it meets the needs of the School and its user community
- Have ownership of procurement, resource deployment, and inventory management
- Develop and document a helpdesk procedure manual and IT strategic plan
- Manage database supervision, data retrieval, report customization and analysis, policies and procedures, security and data quality control
- Plan and supervise internal and external database training of school personnel
You will coordinate support
- Use excellent personal, organizational, and time-management skills
- Manage and troubleshoots hardware, software, networking and printing issues
- Prioritizes service requests and projects to minimize end user work interruption
- Provides technical curriculum assistance regarding hardware usage, software applications, computer technology and the general use of instructional technology in the classroom
- Tests the IT controls that occur during the school’s audit
Finally, we believe that you have the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field or equivalent experience
- At least five years of school database experience and proficient with Blackbaud including, but not limited to Raiser's Edge and Education Edge
- Demonstrable strategic, analytical and analytical skills
- Ability to anticipate data and information needs, challenges, and solutions in an education environment
- Strong technical skills: you can configure, diagnose, and repair PCs and peripherals (such as printers and scanners)
- Excellent customer service, verbal, and written communications skills with students, faculty, and staff
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
For more about our school, please visit our website at fuchsmizrachi.org.
If this position is interesting to you or you have any questions, please apply as soon as possible for an August 2017 start date. Thank you!